OBJECTIVES PECULIAR TO THIS GRADE SCHOOL*
The grade school program professes the following specific objectives:
• To develop positive character, healthy habits, global competence, and a deep love for culture and learning. The larger institution to which the school belongs professes the following objectives:
Identify & Core Purpose
St. Alexius College, a duly recognized and accredited institution, was founded by Dr. Arturo P. Pingoy and Dr. Amparo Y. Pingoy in 1971 to provide education and training for regional socio-economic development. Inspired by the founders’ belief that “education is the key to social mobility”, and enlivened by the virtues of St. Alexius, the institution integrates theory, praxis, research and community service to form principled, competent and productive citizens who make a difference in society.
Vision – Mission
Statement St. Alexius College is an educational prime mover in the region, particularly in Allied Health and Basic Education, forming ethical, competent and development-oriented graduates for a meaningful life in a globalizing society.
General Objectives/Aim of the Integrated School Department
The Integrated School Department of St. Alexius College aims to provide high quality, learner-centered, holistic and inclusive basic education where:
• Students are actively engaged and motivated to learn.
• Teachers are reflective designers and competent facilitators of instruction.
• Administrators and staff ensure a safe, healthy and nurturing school environment.
• Parents work in partnership with the school in developing mindful, well-rounded individuals.
• Community and other stakeholders provide opportunities for culture-based, relevant and meaningful learning.
The specific objectives/goals of the other programs in the ISD.
- To develop positive character, healthy habits, early literacy skills and a deep love for learning.
Junior High School Program
- To develop positive character, healthy lifestyle, global competence, research skills and a deep love for culture and learning.
Special Education Program
- To prepare individuals with special needs for inclusion in the school and in the society.