The BS Hotel and Restaurant Management (BSHRM) Program aims to produce graduates who will meet the demand of the market for efficient, self-relevant, competent and responsive professionals in a globally competitive hospitality industry.
Specifically, the BSHRM Program is designed to achieve basic techniques in performing prescribed range in the areas of Food and Beverage, Front Office, and Housekeeping Operations as required in accommodation, food and beverages enterprises including information, education and communication (IEC).
The objectives are:
- provide the basic knowledge skills required for effective practice of the hospitality profession;
- train students on the operations of the hospitality industry; and
- imbibe among students a deep desire for continuing professional growth.
- provide students with the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to perform the duties, tasks, and steps required of Food and Beverage Service, Housekeeping and Front Office and reception duties.
- advice customers on basic cuisine, types of menus and service periods and to evaluate various rituals, procedures and techniques commonly found in an operational environment.