The Bachelor of Science in Midwifery is a 4-year degree program consisting of general education and professional courses which prepare registered midwives for higher level midwifery competencies.
The BS Midwifery program aims to:
- give the necessary supervision, care and advice to high risks parturient;
- execute emergency measures in the absence of medical practitioners;
- provide family planning services;
- provide Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI) services;
- manage MCU clinics at the community level;
- facilitate community organizing and social mobilization for community development;
- engage in independent entrepreneurial health activities including management of primary health care facilities;
- implement/manage midwifery programs; and
- perform other health related functions as may be seemed necessary by appropriate agency.