Thee Early Childhood Education Program commits itself to character development and competence-building in order to develop teachers who can effectively teach minds, touch hearts and transform lives.
Quality pre-service teacher education is a key factor in quality Philippine Education. All efforts to improve the quality of education in the Philippines are dependent on the service of teachers who are properly prepared to undertake the various important roles and functions of teachers.
The Early Childhood Education program aims to provide schools with teachers who are able to help students develop their abilities, attitudes and skills for them to function effectively in an environment that is changing rapidly in many different ways.
The student who desires to enroll in this program must:
- Have a deep interest in teaching adolescents and children;
- Possess unwavering integrity essential to education;
- Be emotionally mature, dedicated, hardworking and persevering in guiding the young;
- Have a good command of English; and
- Be generous and committed to educate the poor, as expressed in outreach activities.