The BS Psychology program is intended for college students who wish to proceed to Medicine proper or become potential human resource assets in a school, industrial, social/community, clinical/rehabilitation setting, research center and other organizations where interpersonal skills and competencies is human relations are important components.
Specifically, the program is designed to:
- Equip the student with basic knowledge, skills and capabilities required in the various areas of Psychology
- Give the students a balanced and firm foundation in theory and research vis-à-vis the contemporary demands of society;
- Develop critical thinkers and creative workers who will use their knowledge for the full development of human being in a growing society;
- Cultivate scientific literacy in the appreciation of the role played by science in a developing society; and
- Design and conduct experiments in psychology, especially on the human development throughout the life span in the areas of physical, social cognitive, emotional and moral development.