The goal of BS Radiologic Technology is to provide the country with dynamic, competent, socially conscious, and ethical Radiologic Technologist concerned with the application of state-of-the-art scientific techniques in medical imaging and therapy.
Specifically, the BSRT program aims to:
- Acquire and develop the knowledge of the various physical principles involved in diagnostic imaging and therapeutic application.
- Develop awareness of the risks involved in the application of various radiant energies (e.g. x-rays, etc) to humans for diagnostic, therapeutic or research purposes and ways of minimizing such risks.
- Develop the skills of proper positioning of patients in the different procedures called for in any particular study employing appropriate exposure factors to achieve desired results.
- Acquire and develop knowledge. Attitudes, values, and skills necessary to contribute to the overall social, mental and physical health of the community and country.
- Responded to the technological advancement in the field of Radiologic Sciences thru research and continuing professional development.